ALL ABOUT FINANCIAL PLANNINGOctober 1, 2022
No matter where you are in life, you may have at least a few financial goals. Perhaps you want to buy a house, save for your child’s college education, or retire early. Regardless of what your goals are, financial planning can help you work towards them. Let’s dive deeper into what financial planning is and how it may benefit you.
What is Financial Planning?
Financial planning is examining your financial situation and designing a specific plan to help you pursue your goals. Financial planning involves multiple areas of finance, such as budgeting, debt management, savings, retirement planning, insurance, and estate planning. In addition, financial planning may include holistic planning, which focuses on addressing your life goals by properly managing your financial resources, health, and other aspects of life.
Why work with a financial professional?
An experienced financial professional can help guide you through the financial planning process by providing advice in several areas of your financial life. They’ll examine your current income, savings, and investments, then make recommendations on improving your financial situation to manage your goals. While every financial professional has their distinct strengths and specialties, most can advise you on the following:
- How you can get out of debt.
- What you can do differently to save money.
- How much to keep in your emergency fund.
- The types of retirement accounts that meet your situation.
- How much money you need to save to meet your retirement goals.
- Whether you should refinance your existing mortgage or work to pay it off early.
- If you have the appropriate type of insurance for your situation.
- How to improve your tax situation.
- How to adequately save for your child’s education.
Reasons to work with a financial professional
While you can pursue financial planning independently, you can benefit by working with a financial professional.
- Determine if you’re on track with your goals: A financial professional can analyze your current financial situation and make recommendations on what is going well and what you can improve.
- Get a Second Opinion: Even if you feel confident in your financial skills, a financial professional can give you a second opinion. They may fast-track your strategies and make suggestions to help you work towards your goals more efficiently.
- Manage Roadblocks: If you lose your job, go through a divorce, or experience other life events that impact your finances, a financial professional can help you navigate the situation to make choices that position you for a successful financial future.
Consult Your Financial Professional
Together with your financial professional, review your situation to determine the ideal life plan for you. Contact us today to get started.
The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. This material is for general information only and is not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual.
LPL Tracking # 1-05193191